Thursday, March 08, 2007

West Canal Run on 7 Mar`07 (Wed)

Due to the heavy rain on Tuesday, my plan to do a mid-distance run was postponed till Wednesday. tktan n me started off @ KRGH at 7pm and did the same route as last Tuesday. This time, I was determined to complete the entire distance -- pain or no pain. Hmm, left leg was feeling achy early into the run -- especially @ the ankle. The ache eased somewhat when we ran along the slightly upslope South Bouna Vista Rd. Slow down considerably @ Ayer Rajah Ind Est and managed to do a quick calve stretch while waiting for the traffic light. Time check Bouna Vista MRT was 43min -- hmm, slower 5:43min/km pace. Took a toilet and water break before proceeding to Ulu Pandan Canal. Hmm, left leg ache disappeared and I was happy to run @ my auto-cruise mode. Here's the lap timing along the canal :-
Lap 1 : 11:00min - avg 5:14min/km pace
Lap 2 : 11:23min - avg 5:25min/km pace
Lap 3 : 11:06min - avg 5:17min/km pace
Then we did a slow run back as the road was uneven and not well-lit. Yeah, we dashed up the final slop to KRGH -- so long since we last did it and felt good! Clap clap, we completed the entire run!

P.S. Went home and did the hot/cold treatment on my knees -- felt good the next morning. However, I felt a strange ache on my right feet (ankle & heel). Could barely walk when I got up from sitting but the ache would go away after walking a while. Was it becoz my right leg was compensating when my left leg ache during the run? Hope the ache will go away before my LD this weekend.

Distance : 17.5km
Time : 1h 37min
Avg pace : 5:33min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home