Monday, March 05, 2007

Marina Promenade-ECP on 3 Mar`07 (Sat)

My first LD after a long break. After depositing our bags @ Suntec Planet Fitness, tktan and me proceeded to Marina Promenade for warm up. Wow, the construction to the left of Esplanade was massive -- wonder how the RL group detour for this route. Started the run towards ECP via Indoor Stadium & Tanjong Rhu. Weather was cool and cloudy as tktan lead while I followed @ slow pace. Crossed path with roentgen & divey @ Kallang Riverside Park -- they were heading in towards Esplanade. They asked whether we were heading towards Changi Coast Rd -- yup, that's was my plan. tktan waited for me to catch up @ Indoor Stadium before crossing over to Tanjong Rhu and towards Fort Road.

Happy to reach ECP -- time checked was 40min (ard 5.30min/km pace). tktan asked me to go ahead while he stretched to relieve pain/aches (maybe he started too fast?). Went into auto-cruise mode -- not many runners in sight, so no one to chase after :P tktan caught up shortly -- glad to hear that he felt better after the stretch break. Then we bumped into ronnie & bee who were training for their KL marathon. Oh oh, at 15km, felt the knee pain coming(clicking sound appeared) and finally signaled to tktan that I needed to stop at NSC(16km). Haiz, was hopping I can endure the pain longer and finished at least 20km. tktan was prepared to walk back with me but I urged him not to slack with me and continue his run -- arranged to meet back @ MacDonalds. While he ran to NSRCC, I turned back and walked towards MacDonalds. Hmm, felt better after I stretched my hamstring and able to continue running. Oops, knee pain came back near Lagoon and I took a quick stretch break and continued on.

Finally call it a day @ toilet after tennis centre -- time checked was 2h 5min for 21.5km (avg 5:49min/km). Well, at least I managed to ran > 20km. Weather was still cloudly -- aiyah, else I can cover more ground. While I did my cool down stretch, bumped into Eddie -- he juz finished swimming in the sea and doing a short run. He stopped for a chat -- asked me how come I dun join RL run lately. Told him I was recovering from hamstring tendon mico-tear(after KL 30km) and also working late. We chatted abt the KL 30km -- too many hills!! Then he asked me what is my next event and was interested after hearing my plan for Nagano Marathon. Aiyah, too late oledi as registration is closed. He asked whether I will be interested in Hawaii race in December -- to early to decide after I would be taking a run break after Nagano Marathon. After Eddie continued on with his run, saw ronnie running alone (bee was waiting @ MacDonalds). He stopped to check how's my recovery -- told him not so good as my knee pain came back @ 15km.

tktan came back 40min later -- after covering 4km more. He was completely flat out (stopped at every toilet along the way back) and gulped down my excess drink from my camelbak. After cool down, we walked to Marine Cresent and catch a bus to Suntec. After a hot shower, we had lunch @ Pho House at Suntec's Sky Garden -- I had the tomato crabmeat noodle soup while tktan had the spicy beef with rice. Yummy! But no pics to show as we didn't bring our cameras -- our bags were @ Planet Fitness as we planned to go for Yoga class after lunch. Enjoyed our lunch too much and decided to skip yoga class and went shopping @ suntec (to digest the huge lunch).


P.S. Finally crossed the 20km mark. Next week, will increase weekly mileage to 50km+ with a 26km LD on weekend.

Distance : 21.5km
Time : 2h 5min
Avg pace : 5:49min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home