Monday, February 26, 2007

Sengkang-Punggol Run on 25 Feb`07 (Sun)

Was preparing to do a mid-distance run on Thursday -- gotta cancel the run due to rain. Went for makan session @ Rama Thai -- had the claypot sharkfins, crab with glass noodle and phad thai (the waiter didn't warn us that the food will be too much for 2 pax!!). My plan to do a 2-hr run on Saturday morning also backfired -- attended a drama performance @ Esplanade on Friday evening and reached home closed to midnite :( CNY dinner party at home (Hokkaido Crab Ramen & sake, maki sushi, yusheng & fruit jello) ended ard 10pm and I managed to clean up & zzz before midnite.

Thank goodness my last bet to run on Sunday morning materialized :) Woke up at 7am and started the run at 7.30am. Warmed up with 2 1-km lap ard my neighbourhood :-
Lap 1 : 5:12min/km (surprise that I can still run at this speed! breathing was easy...)
Lap 2 : 5:30min/km (slow down a bit to more relax pace -- yeah, my ideal pace)
Weather was cloudly and cool. Continued on to Punggol via the flyover and ran along the LRT line. Only saw a handful of runners in the opposite direction. Spotted 2 guys ahead near the Punggol MRT station. Wah, finally have company :) When I caught up and ran alongside one of the guy, he kept turning side to look at me. Turned out it was SgRunner kayano! Oops, didn't recognise him until her called out to me. He asked how was my ankle pain -- told him it was my knee that has problem :) Ran ahead as I was trying to beat the sun (peeping thru the clouds). Intended to do a 6km loop to Jalan Kayu but abandoned the plan when I crossed over to Sengkang -- the sun was out in full blast and I didn't carry water/money with me. Did my cool down stretch followed by hot/cold treatment for the knees.

P.S. Very happy that I can maintain 5:30min/km pace and no knee pain during the run -- juz ITB tight. OK, looks like I gotta run on relatively flat surface for the time being. Shall increase my mileage from next week onwards and start LD @ ECP real soon.

Distance : 10km
Time : 55min
Avg pace : 5:30min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home