Saturday, January 27, 2007

West Canal Run on 26 Jan`07 (Fri)

With juz one run on Wed, decided to do a mid-distance 15-18km run on Friday. Since I had to work during the weekend, left office early to start the run @ 6.30pm. tktan joined me and was my mobile water support (thanks!) :) Suggested we ran a shorter and less traffic route via PGP to SPI -- tktan was in the mood for longer run(or hill?!) and said we sticked to the original route via Kent Ridge Park. Well, cun slack with this run addict :P Weather was nice and cool as we ran along Pasir Panjang to South Bouna Vista Rd. Time check @ end of the killer slope was 18:10min -- nice 5:11min/km pace. Then we proceed to Alexandra Industrial Estate via the underpass @ SPI. To avoid the messy construction work @ Bouna Vista MRT, we took a detour to Ulu Pandan Canal via Dover Rise. Wah, it was still daylight when we started the auto-cruise mode @ Ulu Pandan Canal! Always like running on this stretch -- unknowingly, we picked up pace to 4:55min/km with tktan leading. Proceed on to Sunset Way Canal -- quite desserted as there was a light drizzle. I felt fine running to the end of the canal but felt pain on my right knee n hip for the return route (due to the slanted surface). tktan was still full of energy and we continued to run back to NUS via Clementi Rd. It was dimly lit and had to slow down to avoid tripping on the uneven surface. When we reached the traffic junction, I raised my white flag as the pain behind the back of my right knee was annoying :(

So we took a cool down walk back to NUS. The rain became heavier -- thank goodness we managed to hop on the shuttle bus to KRGH. After a hot shower, we grabbed dinner @ King Fisher Cafe -- share the Cantonese Style Horfun and Hot n Sour Soup.

P.S. Oh oh, my right knee pain seemed to worsen -- DTM didn't help. Gotta bear with it for another week before my appointment with my osteopath -- gonna take it easy next week. Meanwhile, will do strength condition for my quads...

Route : Start @ KRGH -> Pasir Panjang -> South Bouna Vista Rd -> Kent Ridge Park -> Sci Park I -> Alexandra Ind Est -> Dover Rise -> Ulu Pandan Canal -> Sunset Way Canal -> Clementi Rd

Distance : 15.5km
Time : 1h 25min
Avg pace : 5:30min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home