Monday, February 12, 2007

Another Date with Osteopath on 10 Feb`07 (Sat)

After 1 WHOLE week of no running, I was almost tearing my hair out of boredom. The only exercise I did was a short swim on Tuesday -- felt pain at the back of my left knee for no reason as I was swimming leisurely :( Had to cut short the swim and I dun even dare to think about 'secretly' going for a run. Thursday morning, woke up with a weak right knee -- could barely lift up my leg! Did I do something wrong? The swim worsened the condition instead of improving? The only additional thing I did beside the stretching exercises was ITB massage using golf ball (my tennis ball had gone missing). Luckily, felt much better on Friday morning -- didn't do the ITB massage with golf ball. Went for cycling with tktan and his colleague @ East Coast on Sat morning before our appointment with Paul, my osteopath.

Told Paul about my weak right knee and he said the golf ball may be too hard for massaging -- may do more harm! *Faint* Lesson learnt -- listen to the expert and dun try to substitute the tennis ball with another ball without consulting him! He was glad to hear that I was feeling less tight around the back of my knees -- the 1 week rest indeed helped to improve my condition slightly. Pelvis was slightly rotated and ITB still tight. So he massaged to put my pelvis in place and loosen the ITB. Mine, the ITB massage was REAL PAINFUL -- he was using a new circular stroke and he was surprised that I noticed the difference! Of course, it was MORE painful! Good news was he gave me the green light to resume light running for the next 2 weeks -- at most 10km for each run with rest day in between and lotsa stretching. Twice this week and if I feel good, add in another short run on weekend. He will review my condition again 2 weeks later.

Phew, glad that my hair will be in tact! Ok, will start off with an easy run on Tuesday next week and see how it goes... Keep my fingers crossed that I will feel good!

P.S. Like to thank many SgRunners who showed their concern and support during my "down" period, especially my running buddy & koibito tktan :)

1 Comments:

At 2/12/2007 11:10 PM, Blogger kops21 said...

next time use fish ball, more soft...:)

xdd have no hair leh...so it kinda of look cute on u...:whistle:

one step at a time....stop when the hurts resurface...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home