Friday, February 16, 2007

2nd Recovery Run on 15 Feb`07 (Thu)

Enjoyed a romantic 5-course vday dinner with my koibito - appetiser of Goose Liver Terrine and Pan Fried King Prawns, intermezzo of lime sorbet, Double Boiled Chicken Consommé, main course of Grilled Imported Angus Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Salmon and dessert of Lemon Mousse with Strawberry Ice Cream and Blueberry Sauce.



In need to burn off the excess, went for my second recovery run @ West Coast -- did not do ITB massage using tennis ball. This time, I was determined to run at my own pace and not try to chase after tktan. Lost sight of tktan in West Coast Park and I did an additional 1km loop before spotting him near the toilet close to MacDonald. He asked me to go ahead as he would be doing interval. So I ran another loop -- took time and was glad that I was running 5:45min/km pace. tktan then joined me as we ran back to the Dog Run Area. Was experiencing pain in the right knee(at different location from Tue's run) but wanna try how long more I could sustain. Finally ended the run at MacDonald -- time check was 1h 1min. Yeah, glad that I was able to run continuously for 1h -- improvement from previous run of 30min. We took a cool down walk to Clementi Woods Park -- wanna explore new routes. Erhm, it was a small area of 500m width. We checked out the restaurant @ the top of the hill, Sakura, which serves Japanese Buffet. Found a shortcut back to NUS. After cool down and shower, we walked over to Fong Sheng area for dinner. Experienced sharp pain @ right knee! Oh dear, did I worsen the condition by continue running after the knee pain surfaced? Dutifully went home and do hot/cold treatment on my knees. Phew, felt better the next morning.

P.S. Though worried abt pain after the run, happy that my slow pace is still 5:45min/km pace -- that means I can possibly complete Nagano Marathon in 4.5hr :) Will concentrate on building up my mileage slowly from here.

Distance : 10.5km
Time : 1h 1min
Avg pace : 5:49min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home