Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Recovery Run on 13 Feb`07(Tue)

kops21 sms-ed me to join the CBD's Valentine Eve Run. Unable to make it as would be working late. He then asked me to join them after the run for chitchat and makan -- but I planned to do my recovery run @ West Coast after work. Indeed I worked till 7pm and only started the run closed to 7.30pm. tktan, who was nursing a hamstring injury, joined me for the recovery run. Was feeling fine along Pasir Panjang Rd to West Coast Park -- hmm, instead of my right leg, felt some discomfort at my left shin. It was still bright when we reached West Coast Park -- tktan cautioned me to stop anytime if I dun feel good. We were running at a relax smell-flower and chitchatting pace. The park was quiet with a handful of joggers. Tried to switch my breathing to nose-in mounth-out -- still felt out of breath. tktan periodically asked me whether I was feeling ok. On the return route, I started to feel uncomfortable @ my right knee -- knee cap felt loose/mis-aligned and ITB became painful. Endured and hoped the pain would go away soon -- it didn't go away and I decided to stop the run. Oh dear, that was juz after 30mins of running :( We took a cool down walk back to KRGH -- could hear my right knee "clicking". Was feeling lousy and defeated -- was I too rush to get back to running? Or did I overdo it with ITB massage using the tennis ball? *faint* tktan suggested that I skipped the ITB massage and try running again on Thursday. OK, hope Thursday run will be a better one :)

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2007 9:24 PM, Blogger kops21 said...

listen to your body. dont force it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home