Friday, March 16, 2007

Calibration Run on 16 Mar`07 (Fri)

Not enough mileage for the week, so dragged myself out of bed @ 5.45am to do a 10km run @ Sengkang. After light stretch, started the run with the 1km loop at my block. Here's the lap timing :-

Lap 1 : 5:28min -- Nice, not-chuan pace
Lap 2 : 5:31min -- Good, managed to keep to 5:30min/km with minimal pain @ my left leg
Lap 3 : 5:26min -- Was contemplating whether to run to Punggol, decided against it as that area would be desserted and unsafe for a solo lady runner.
Lap 4 : 5:24min -- How abt follow the LRT track to Jalan Kayu? Hmm, that area also quite desserted...
Lap 5 : 5:33min -- Wah, half done oledi! Then continue doing loops...
Lap 6 : 5:29min -- Counting down... 4 more laps
Lap 7 : 5:34min -- Oops, slowing down. Maybe I should stop @ 8km...
Lap 8 : 5:33min -- Ok, one more km then I am done...
Lap 9 : 5:30min -- Aiyah, might as well run another km to make it 10...
Lap 10 : 5:21min -- Huh, thot I was running slowest?!!

Cannot believe I actually ran 10 loops!! Super boring but my mind was kept busy :) Did a warm down stretch, replenished with 100plus, watched the news while I did cold treatment on the knees and had a good hot shower. Glad that I made it for the run :)

Distance : 10km
Time : 54min
Avg pace : 5:29min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home