Wednesday, December 13, 2006

West Canal Run on 12 Dec`06 (Tue)

The sky was grey with hanging dark clouds that threathen to pour at anytime. We started off the run ard 6.45pm and went by a new route (via Prince George Park instead of Pasir Panjang Rd) -- wanna get to the Ulu Pandan Canal as soon as possible, before the rain pour. Wah, my muscles were not warmed up yet and the upslopes were not easy! As usual, tktan juz sped ahead! Phew, managed to catch my breath when we reached Sci Park I and ran through the underpass to Alexandra Industrial Estate. From there, we continued on to Bouna Vista MRT -- did a slight detour due to construction. Skipped toilet break and started my favourite route on Ulu Pandan Canal. tktan was in chatty mood -- I had a tough time replying him, catching my breath and running at the same time! (Hmmm, later he told me that my breathing sound ok!) Boy, I was GLAD when he asked me to go ahead as he wanna slow down. Increased pace and the gap between us grew. It had been a while since I ran @ tempo pace and this was the first run after SCSM that I took timing. Kinda lost my sense of pace and had the feeling that I was running slow. So chiong along the 2.2km stretch -- time check was 10min36sec, a shocking 4:50min/km pace! Felt stitch coming on but persisted and continued on to Sunset Way Canal. tktan went ahead as I slowed down and control my breathing to relieve the stitch. After U-turn @ end of the canal, I began to experience left ankle pain due to the slanting surface. Well, next time, I could only run 1-way instead of U-turn! Finally completed the 4.6km stretch -- time check was 24min, still a good 5:15min/km pace! I called for a water break as my lips were dry from Sunday's run. We took a walk break to a nearby petrol kiosk and bought a bottle of H2O. Forget to re-start the stop watch and lost track of time for the 3km run back to KRGH -- tktan still had excess energy to chiong on the final slope!

After a quick shower, we had dinner @ KRGH KingFisher Cafe -- ordered the Slipper Lobster Hor Fun in black bean paste, Ta Ao Bee Hoon and homemade beancurd with durian puree. The portion was huge and we only managed to finished the Hor Fun & beancurd -- tktan ta pau the bee hoon back for supper :)



P.S. Felt much better running with my 3rd pair of Inspire2. Is it physchological that I think the 2nd pair is heavier n bulkier? Ok, gotta reserve my 3rd pair of Inspire2 for race days.

Route : Start @ KRGH -> Prince George Park -> Sci Park I -> Alexandra Ind Est -> Bouna Vista MRT -> Ulu Pandan Canal -> Sunset Way Canal

Distance : 11.5km
Time : 1hr 1min
Avg pace : 5:21min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home