Thursday, December 07, 2006

NUS Hill Run on 6 Dec`06 (Wed)

After the PO (Pig Out) session @ CBD Run (erhm, no running as it rained, so we juz ate and chat the whole night long), in need of a short run to burn off the extra calories. Weather was clear @ 5pm and updated tktan who promptly packed up & left his office. After I changed into my running gear and on my way out of my office building, it was raining heavily! Huh, the weather juz changed in a matter of 10min! Called tktan to inform him of the change of weather -- hmm, Clementi was still clear. LM, who was topping up petrol for his car, drove over and gave me a lift to KRGH. The rain reduced to a drizzle and stopped by the time we were ready to start off. As tktan & me were still recovering from SCSM, the run would be lead by LM -- for the first time. We ran to West Coast Park for a easy & flat recovery run. Looked like a storm was approaching with thunder and lightning. We ran @ "smell flower" pace and related our SCSM experience to LM -- post marathon high! However, our run was cut short to 5.3km -- caught in heavy downpour and had to hideout @ underpass. Did our warm down stretch while waiting for the storm to pass. Finally, the storm reduced to a drizzle and we walked back to KRGH. Took a hot shower and LM lead us to Fong Seng Nasi Lemak for dinner. Hey, saw a new stall selling ice cream in retangular waffle-like holder. Upon closer look, they even can replace the ice cream with chicken/beef in various sauce like teriyaki, black pepper etc. I chose the chicken and the boss recommended black pepper sauce. Wah, looks very yummy -- initially, the sauce tasted too salty but became better. I was prepared to skip rice and go for dessert of cut orange (brought from home). Saw someone walked passed with the nasi lemak wrapped with banana-leaf. Oh, it had been ages since I last had that kind of nasi lemak. So went in search for that and came back with it and otah to share with the guys. Managed to reach home ard 10.30pm and played with my darling niece before KO. Boy, juz a short run and I felt so tired!



P.S. Relax run but felt that I couldn't pick up pace. Guess gotta rest a couple more days before resuming pre-SCSM pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home