Friday, December 08, 2006

RL Run on 7 Dec`06 (Thu)

Rushed down to join the RL run. Thanks to fennel for the weather update. Arghh, as predicted, we were running Fort Canning route -- asked Eddie why not we run a flat route for recovery, he said SCSM too much flat, so good change to run some hills. First time tktan ran this route and he juz tagged along with the front pack led by mightyjoe. DO, shortlegs, DR & his MHA joined us for the run, too. Terence, fennel, tktan & me were running ahead and soon lost the rest who were running @ leisure pace. Felt ok when I climbed up the hills @ Fort Canning -- calve muscles not tighten. Enjoyed the scenic route along Singapore River and pointed out the various restaurants that I had tried @ Robertson Walk/Quay. Did a little detour @ Kim Seng Park due to construction -- distance was abt 9km. As usual, Eddie led us on a thorough warm down stretch. The hot topic of discussion was still SCSM :) Eddie asked me whether I had stitches during the marathon -- surprisingly, I could not remember, or rather I had learn the "art' of running with/without stitch :P After a quick change of clothes, we went for dinner @ the newly renovated food court. DO and me ordered the korean bibimbap while fennel had korean noodle. tktan queued for the claypot rice that was cooked on the spot -- hmm, turned out he had a dissatisfied dinner as the claypot rice was bland! Mine tasted yummy :) Nice to bump into lelio girl and had a nice chat with DO & compass71(waiting for the same train @ Dhoby Ghuat) on NEL.


P.S. Much better run than Wednesday -- able to up the pace but didn't push hard. tktan was able to maintain pace with me, despite having a flu! Better pop more vitamin C as I could not afford to fall sick now -- busy @ work and my ski holiday is juz round the corner :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home