Thursday, November 16, 2006

NUS Hill Run on 15 Nov`06 (Wed)

Gotta solve a bug @ work last minute and could not make it for NUS Hill Run. So tktan lead the run with LM and Andy(another ex-colleague). They did the route to Ulu Pandan Canal via South Bouna Vista Rd, underpass to Alexandra Ind Est and Bouna Vista MRT -- 13km @ 1h 15min (good 5:35min/km pace). Yeah, LM finally crossed the 10km mark -- though he got lost but found his way back to KRGH. Since I brought my running gear, decided to do a quick run to clear the head after "squashing" the bug @ work. Reached KRGH at 8pm and sms-ed to tktan that I would be going for a run and asked them to go ahead with dinner if they could not wait. When I came out from the changing room, saw tktan, LM and Andy cooling down @ the car park opposite KRGH. Walked over for a quick chat -- looked like they had a good run. Oh oh, tktan's left knee was not feeling good (after the "stunt" on Tuesday) -- seemed like he gotta take a rest from running on Thursday. The run addict looked despondent as we had planned to do another mid distance run :(

As it was getting late, I bade them goodbye and started my solo run. Did the reverse of the usual NUS run -- wah, more shiong with more upslopes! It was a quiet nite -- only met a few runners in the opposite direction. Weather was great -- cool and breezy. At the junction of South Bouna Vista Rd & Sci Park I, I was feeling good and decided to do a loop in Sci Park I. U-turn at Science Hub -- time check was 23min for 4.35km (cool 5:17min/km pace). As the 99-bend South Bouna Vista Rd was very dark, I backtracked the same way back -- nice nice with more downslopes this time. Dashed up the final slope to KRGH -- time check for 8.7km was 46min -- even split of 23min! Went for a cool down walk and stretching before shower -- received sms from
tktan that they were finishing dinner at Fong Seng Nasi Lemak and going off.

P.S. It has been a long while since I run solo -- somehow, I always feel that my pace is slower and will tend to push harder. For this run, I didn't push hard and juz enjoyed the run in a cool evening :) Shiok run! Hope tktan's knee would recover in time for Sat's LD -- last one before tapering off...

Route : Start @ KRGH -> Kent Ridge Cres -> Clementi Rd -> Lower Kent Ridge Rd, passing UCC, SRC, NUH -> South Bouna Vista Rd -> Sci Park I and U-turn

Distance : 8.7km
Time : 46min
Avg pace : 5:17min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home