Friday, November 10, 2006

"Lomantic" Run on 9 Nov`06 (Thu)

Gave RL a miss as wanna do a mid-distance 20km run before this weekend 35km LD. After the storm in the afternoon, it was still raining lightly @ NUS ard 5pm. Fennel tried to tempt me to go to RL run instead, coz the weather was ok @ CBD. Decided to stick to my orginal plan and hope the rain would stopped in time. The run addict, tktan, rushed down from his workplace to join me for the run - 10min late due to slow traffic @ wet weather.Yeah, the rain indeed stopped when we started the run @ 6.55pm -- nice n cool weather. Ground was wet and we were careful while running on the slippery pavement. Heard that DR, DO & Bug would be doing a "lomantic" run @ Labrador Park -- so we head towards there, too. After the gentle slopes @ South Bouna Vista Rd and Jln, we turned left to Pasir Panjang Rd. Careless me tripped on a step, left foot hit the side of the curb and nearly fell flat on my face! Managed to recover in time when tktan caught hold of me -- PHEW! No pain -- so we continued running. Labrador Park was quiet after the rain. We did a loop by the coast and ran up the slope to Olive Restaurant. As we recovered our breath on the downslope towards Pasir Panjang Rd, I felt slight pain @ my upper part of left feet. Hmm, hope it was not the after-effect of the little mishap earlier. Then we saw DR, DO & Bug running up -- they juz did a 8km run @ Canterbury (will check out this new route at my next run). Decided to join them for an extra loop before heading back. They were in high spirit - Bug still nursing a cold, DR almost fully recovered and all running at a fast pace. tktan gave chase and maintained 2 stride-length away from DR. I did the same and stayed behind tktan. As we entered Labrador Park, Bug disappeared in the dark trails, DR increased his pace and DO went for toilet break. Wah, chuan chasing after DR! When DR turned to make another loop, we decided to stop the chase -- DO came up from behind and we informed him that we were heading back.

Instead of continue on to Ulu Pandan Canal, we took the same way back via Pasir Panjang Rd. Ran through puddles of water on the wet floor and the good-smelling-food @ Pasir Panjang FC. Tried to push all the way back to KRGH but I started to experience pain @ my left arch -- finally raised my white flag to
tktan @ junction of Pasir Panjang Rd and South Bouna Vista Rd. Haiz, we cooled down for the 2km+ walk back to KRGH -- along the way, I nearly sprained my right ankle while stepping off the pavement! ARGHH, this was not my day! Felt silly n frustrated for being so careless! Sorry to tktan for cutting short the distance -- weather was great for a mid distance run! Thanks to his mobile water station -- ice cold Pocari Sweat tasted great! After shower, we went to Clementi for dinner -- I had spinach noodle with dumplings while tktan ordered pork rib curry noodles and otah. On my way home, the train got stucked a few time -- finally reached home at midnite! Juz not my lucky day :(


P.S. Woke up this morning and still felt pain @ my left feet. A bit worried that it may be due to some ligament/muscle strain and fixed an appointment with my osteopath during lunch. Turned out that I had sprained my left ankle slightly which resulted in the sore tissue @ the top of the feet. Paul did an ultrasound around my left ankle as he cannot do deep tissue massge when the "damage" was still raw (Ultrasound treatment to the ankle was used to warm the ankle to improve the healing process. It would be like putting a hot pack on the ankle). He also massage my ITB to reduce the clicking sound of my right knee and my hip to relieve the nagging pain from the rotated pelvis. He said no-no to LD on Sat -- rest and ice the ankle 2-3 times. Do my LD on Sun and run with care - ice the ankle(even without pain) after the run. Due to my high weekly mileage, he recommended me to go for massage to loosen my tight calves n thigh muscles. And of course do more stretching before n after running. He advised me to reduce my mileage after SCSM and do more cross training like swim/cycle. OK, gonna take a break from running after SCSM anyway -- my favorite ski season is here :)

Route : Start @ KRGH -> Pasir Panjang Rd -> South Bouna Vista Rd -> South Bouna Vista Jln -> Pasir Panjang Rd -> Labrador Park -> U-turn same way back to KRGH

Distance : 13km
Time : 1h 12min (including traffic light stops)
Avg Pace : 5:30min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home