Thursday, October 19, 2006

NUS Hill Run on 18 Oct`06 (Wed)


Haze was back to moderate level and a good day to run -- YEAH! tktan's ex-collegue, lm, was not feeling well and skipped the run. So tktan and me took a longer route -- I needed more hill practise and planned to tackle Kent Ridge Park via Pepys Rd (the long long upslope). tktan bought a bottle of gatorade to carry along the run -- thot it would be a short run and didn't bring camelbak. From KRGH, we ran along Pasir Panjang Rd and turned into Haw Par Villa -- very breathless going up the slope and calves muscles tight as my legs not warmed up yet. Recovered on the downslope along Zehnder Rd. While waiting to cross the road @ South Bouna Vista Rd, bumped into my ex-colleague, M, who was cycling home. He asked me about my knees -- well, still pain but I am still running :P He is recuperating from knee operation and cannot run for 1 year -- can only swim and cycle :( Boy, tough to chat while I was on the run and he on the bike! We parted way when we reached his home along South Bouna Jln. Continued on to Pasir Panjang and turned left to Pepys Rd -- there, the long upslope was waiting for us. tktan pulled ahead of me in no time -- I stayed focus on my foot landing & tried not to look up the slope. Yeah, I made it to the top without stopping! Oh, the view point at the top offered a clear view of the PSA port! Managed to catch my breath as we ran thru a few flights of stairs in the park. We exited the park via Science Hub and ran thru the underpass @ DSTA to Alexandra Industrial Estate. From there, we continued along North Bouna Vista Rd and took a toilet break @ Bouna Vista MRT. Next was Ulu Pandan Canal -- cool and breezy as we up our pace (time check for this stretch @ 2.5km was 12min55sec -- wah 5:10min/km pace!) Usually tktan would wanna chiong on this stretch but he was rather quiet during the run (later found out that he was experiencing runner's trot and had to slow down & control!!) Happy to be on our way back, we ran along Clementi Rd and chiong up the final slope to KRGH. Very shiok run - thanks to tktan for the gatorade and pushing me @ the final slope to KRGH!

After cool down and shower, we had dinner @ KRGH Kingfisher Cafe -- Country Style Braised Mee Suah Soup, Bamboo Fish with Bitter Gourd and Homemade Beancurd with Soya Paste & Pork Floss. YUM YUM :)


Route : Start @ KRGH -> Pasir Panjang Rd -> Haw Par Villa -> Zehnder Rd -> South Bouna Jln -> Pasir Panjang Rd -> Pepys Rd -> Kent Ridge Park -> Sci Park I -> Alexandra Industrial Estate -> North Bouna Vista Rd -> Bouna Vista MRT -> Ulu Pandan Canal -> Clementi Rd -> End @ KRGH

Distance : 14.6km
Time : 1hr 22min
Avg pace : 5:37min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home