Sunday, October 15, 2006

PG-SK Run on 13 Oct`06 (Fri)


Skipped RL Run on Thursday to give my legs a rest -- my left knee felt more painful than usual when I climbed up the stairs (arghh, had developed “stairs phobia” since I had inflammation under my left knee cap earlier this year). As I was unable to run on Friday nite & Saturday morning(Animiles Run) due to prior appointments, I joined gentle for an impromptu run on Friday morning. He intended to do 12km and we agreed to start the run @ 5.30am to make it in time for work. Received his wake-up sms @ 5.10am and met him @ the bus-stop opposite my block @ 5.30am. Air was fresh in the early morning and we started the run towards Punggol via Punggol East Flyover. We ran thru Punggol Fields (passing gentle’s place) and connected back to Sengkang via Punggol West Flyover. Then we ran along the LRT line to Jalan Kayu and made a loop back to my block – wow, we completed 12.3km in 1hr 6min @ 5.22min/km pace! I was worried my pace was too slow for gentle and turned out to be another “chiong” run! Well, it was a good tempo run and managed to arrive @ office before 9am – much to my colleagues’ surprise :)

Went for carboloading to “replenish” the food/energy burnt during the morning run : ) Had a 7-course lunch @ Grand Shanghai at Grand Copthorne Hotel – consisted of appetizer cold dish (chicken wing, green peas & fish strips), prawn, pork, fried dumpling, popiah, xiao long bao and dessert (whit fungus with red dates). Following by dinner @ a chinese restaurant at Neil Rd which specialized in zha jiang mian, hot & sour soup and fried dumpling(see pic – more of a roll).




P.S. When I sms gentle to inform him of the distance and pace, his reply was “Whow – no wonder my legs still tired now”!

Route : Punggol Rd -> Rivervale Dr -> Sengkang East Way -> Sengkang East Dr -> Punggol East Flyover -> Punggol Field -> Punggol West Flyover -> Sengkang East Rd -> Anchorvale St -> Fernvale St -> Fernvale Rd -> Sengkang East Ave -> Anchorvale Rd -> Anchorvale St -> Compassvale St -> Punggol Rd

Distance : 12km
Time : 1hr 6min
Avg pace : 5:22min/km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home