Friday, October 20, 2006

Pace Calibration Run on 20 Oct`06 (Fri)


Was planning to run 12km this morning. Gentle may joined me if he didn't run yesterday -- he would sms me @ 5.20am if he can join me. Well, turned out he had a midnite run :) Woke up at 5am and dismayed to see the thick haze outside -- hmm, to run or not to run? Laze for a good 30min before I got out of bed -- it had been a while since I check my pace and gonna do a pace calibration run (to find my comfortable pace for "auto-cruise" mode). There is a 1km route round my neighbourhood - perfect for this run. Got out of the house @ 5.45am and started the run after a quick warmup. Breathing was too fast for Lap 1, maybe still fresh and bursting with energy -- huh, 4:50min (didn't know I can do that speed!!). Try to slow down the breathing for Lap 2 -- argh, 5:01min (too fast to sustain for longer distance). Reduced speed further for Lap 3 -- ok, 5:14min(close to the comfort zone). By Lap 5, my breathing was almost constant -- abt 2 strides per exhale. Haze getting worse and decided to stop after 6 laps -- total time taken 31min. Did a cool down by walking 1 lap and stretching after that. Happy to see some improvement -- my last pace calibration run before KL Mizuno Wave Run, my best lap was 5:15min and avg pace of 5:30min/km :) All set for the half-marathon this Sunday -- hope to maintain a 5:30min/km pace and achieve sub2!

P.S. Finally received my 3rd pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire2 from USA! The length is the same as my 1st pair :) Can't wait to take them out for a test run after my hols.

Lap 1 : 4:50 min/km
Lap 2 : 5:01 min/km
Lap 3 : 5:14 min/km
Lap 4 : 5:17 min/km
Lap 5 : 5:22 min/km
Lap 6 : 5:20 min/km

Distance : 6km
Time : 31min
Avg pace : 5:11min/km

4 Comments:

At 10/20/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger The DreamRunner said...

based on your regular training, at good pace to boot, you should have no problems doing any sub-2 half-mary.

All the best to your race this Sunday.

Enjoy!

 
At 10/20/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger jokertan said...

You will definitely achieved your sub 2 this time round!!!

 
At 10/20/2006 1:39 PM, Blogger doraemon_red said...

Thanks DR & tktan for ur vote of confidence :) This Sunday race has 2 BIG hills *sweat* and I juz hope to run up all the slopes to overcome my weakness in hill climb -- sub2 will be a bonus!

 
At 10/21/2006 9:37 AM, Blogger roentgen said...

I echo what has been said so far ... achieving sub-2 should be easily within your reach :)

More important, just have fun and enjoy the race :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home