Wednesday, November 15, 2006

IBP Run on 14 Nov`06 (Tue)

Heard from fennel abt the foot bridge at end of Sunset Way Canal that connects up to International Business Park(IBP). So tktan and me set out to explore this new route -- our eyes must be pasted with stamps as we didn't notice the foot bridge for our previous runs there :) Thanks to fennel for the map that illustrate the location of foot bridge. In case, we cannot find the foot bridge, tktan has a backup plan to backtrack 200m to reach IBP via another way. Lucky I managed to "squash" a bug @ work and made it for the run. tktan was early and we set off for the run at 6.40pm. Was trying out my red nike top for this mid distance run -- if comfortable, will wear it for D-day. Felt good and started off with a faster pace -- reached the end of Vigilante Dr in 17min (that's a cool 5:10min/km pace). Oh, I was still huffing and puffing up that killer slope when tktan was oledi taking a breather at the top :( We cruised down Kent Ridge Park -- tktan said his calve muscles were aching from Sun's LD. As we ran passed Science Hub, I was smacked by a huge black thing on my right shoulder that scared the wits out of me --tktan said it must be a blind bird! We continued on to DSTA and connect to Alexandra Industrial Estate via the underpass. When we reached Bouna Vista MRT, time check was 39min for 7km -- nice 5:30min/km pace. Skipped the toilet break and continued on to Ulu Pandan Canal and Sunset Way Canal. Feeling good and up the pace along this stretch -- time check at end of Sunset Way Canal was 1h 5min for 12.3km (another 5:10min/km pace for this stretch).

tktan put on his specs and located a muddy path to the foot bridge -- there is a railway track next to it. We crossed over it with caution. After tktan re-fuel with Gu Gel, we continued our run along the canal. Reached Boon Lay Way and turn left to IBP. Did a loop in IBP and connected to Jurong Town Hall Rd. This was tktan's home ground, so he was leading the way. Hmm, y was he running to the right of the bus-stop when the path was on the left. Before I could call out to him, to my horror, saw him stumbled over a drain and ramped into the fence with another drain beside him! Oh mine, rushed up to check whether he was injured! Phew, he was not hurt -- reacted fast enough to avoid falling into the drains! Asked him to stretch his legs to make sure no pain before we continued. This time, I WILL lead! We turned left to West Coast Rd -- paiseh, I lead to a route with many traffic lights, kinda disruptive to the run (should have stick to tktan's plan to run to West Coast Park). We passed Ayer Rajah FC, Ginza Plaza, Clementi Woods Park and finally reached Clementi Rd. Had this nagging pain at the top of my right ankle during the run and started to feel a strain on my shin. Decided to stop the run as we stopped at the traffic light -- time check was 1h 48min for 20km (avg pace of 5:26min/km). Took a warm-down walk back to KRGH. Had ice cold 100plus and Ribena, courtesy of tktan. After a quick shower, we had dinner @ Clementi -- I had traditional Hokkien Prawn Noodle in Or Peh leaf and tktan had horfun with sliced beef in black bean sauce.



P.S. Haiz, it was not tktan's day! Glad that he was not injured and able to complete the run! Hope the coming runs will be inhury free -- so close to D-day! We'll stick to familiar routes for now. Oh, the nike top sticked to my body after a while -- gotta find another top for D-day.

Route : Start @ KRGH -> Pasir Panjang Rd -> South Bouna Vista Rd -> Kent Ridge Park -> Sci Park I -> Alexandra Ind Est -> North Bouna Vista Rd -> Bouna Vista MRT -> Ulu Pandan Canal -> Sunset Way Canal -> IBP -> Jurong Town Hall Rd -> West Coast Rd -> End @ Clementi Rd.

Distance : 20km
Time : 1hr 48min
Avg pace : 5:26min/km

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 5:09 PM, Blogger The DreamRunner said...

wha...red running top for D-Day! I always wear red tops for race days... but this SCSM, I would have to be content with the SAFRA Black/Orange top. Hope you find your 'lucky' red top soon!

 
At 11/16/2006 12:41 PM, Blogger doraemon_red said...

oh, u must wear safra top for scsm?

haiz, i like my nike red top -- it feels comfortable on my first run.. but after washing, felt that it will stick to my body during my second run :( hmmm, second candidate is pink mizuno top -- but i will have abrasion on my arms @ the sleeves...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home