Saturday, September 23, 2006

Passion to Run... The journey begins on May 2006...


My Nike running shoes had "given" me black toes for my last 2 adventure races. Time to get a new pair for upcoming adventure races. As I was surfing the net for advice on choosing running shoes, I stumbled onto SgRunners.com website -- wow, a bubbling running community with lotsa of info on running gear, training etc. Was advised to go down to Runnning Lab @ Funan IT Mall as the staff would analyzed my feet & running style before recommending suitable shoes. True enough, I was impressed with the professional service of the staff at Running Lab and bought a pair of running shoes, Mizuno Wave Inspire 2 -- latest model for stability shoes. It was comfortable and provided good arch support -- essential for me as I juz recovered from a knee injury.

Joined SgRunners for my first CBD run at Tanjong Pagar on Tuesday(2 May 2006) and did my first 10km run with my new shoes and great company. And did another 10km run with Running Lab on Thursday(4 May 2006) -- thanks to Eddie, the group lead, for sharing tips on my running postures. That helped to make running more enjoyable with less effort/pain. From taking over 1 hour for 10km, my timing had slowly improved to under 1 hour... Met many running enthusiasts and they are always generously sharing advices/tips/tales on running. Various theme runs are organised throughout the week -- CDB, Running Lab, BG(Botanic Garden), Animiles, HSP(Hougang, Sengkang, Punggol), Demoralizing etc. Running is addictive and began to dominate over my other sporting interests! To get the adrenaline pumping, had gone on to take part in races -- Phuket International Marathon (10.5km) in June 2006, Singapore Mizuno Wave Run (10km) in July 2006, Sheares Bridge Run (21km) & KL Mizuno Wave Run (10km) in August 2006. Have set a personal goal of under 4.5hours for the upcoming Singapore Marathon(42.195km) in December 2006 -- and this blog will witness my journey to D-day...

P.S. Usually write a brief field report(FR) of my runs @ SgRunners forum but it was hacked (twice in recent 2 months!! Arghh!!), so I decided to start this blog to pen my thoughts after each run...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home